Ipsen Biopharm Wrexham – New HQ
Published: CC Baseline
November 6th 2020
C&C Baseline have successfully undertaken work on the Wrexham site of biopharmaceutical leader, Ipsen. Ipsen is a specialist in the innovation and production of medicines for oncology, neuroscience and rare diseases. With three sites in the UK and two further hubs in the USA and France, Ipsen is a global force in supporting positive change for patients and healthcare services.
C&C were called upon to work on the project which involved the design, manufacturing and installation of glass bridges and glass balustrades around the site. This was the third Ipsen site project undertaken by C&C Baseline, and the work provided has ensured that the Ipsen hub maintains a modern and open space.
The project called for the installation of:
- A structural glass balustrade consisting of purpose built aluminium support channel fixed to the existing structure. Clear toughened glass infill panels measuring 19mm were also fixed into the support channel.
- A structural glass balustrade consisting of 19mm thick clear toughened glass infill panels, which were to be fixed to the face of the pre-case floor.
- A balustrade consisting of 48.3mm side fixed support posts and 42.4mm top fixed handrail.
- A glass bridge, consisting of thick toughened panels with 1.5m thick EVA interlayers.
- Glass bridge support steel with cross support pieces at each end, fixed to existing steelwork.
The architects for this project were Lovelock Mitchell and the main contractor was John Turner.